Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Egads and stuff...

A friend brought up meal planning recently and I thought, 'Oh, I can answer this!  I do meal planning!!!'  I DO plan our meals and shop from that list.  I also subscribe (in other words, pay) to a service...  The recipes are great and all but I'm trying to cut costs.  Life is expensive and the last thing that I want to do is pay someone to do my job for me.  Can I not sit down for half an hour one evening and print out some new recipes and make a grocery list from that?  I was just looking up 'meal planning' on Google and I swear that half of what I found also started in with the couponing...  Ugh.  Oy.  No.  I don't use coupons.  I've tried it and no matter what, I end up spending more than I would had I just gone to Wal Mart and bought store-brand.  I don't buy name brands and using coupons just makes me buy name brands.  So, my goal for next week is to cancel my meal planning service and do it myself!  I'll *try* and share my menu when I come up with it.  ;)

Now, for my BIG NEWS!!!  I finished Baby H's wool shorties!!!  I'm a sucker for a free pattern so I used this one:  Little Fire Crochet Pants

Hammy in finished shorties.  Those are some serious thighs...

Finishing the gusset...

I crochet with the very first hook my Grandma ever gave me.  It's pretty beat up.  lol  I saved an earthworm with it once...

I love this colorway...  It's beautiful!

Working on the leg.  I lost count of how many rounds it took me to do the first leg so I eyeballed it. 

My boy in the finished product.  It's been lanolized since this picture so now it's super soft.  We just adore these pants!!!



I LOVED it.  I have to give the pattern-writer a ton of credit on this one.  I usually don't like the look of crocheted woolies but this is a pattern that was easy and worked up so beautifully!  I used merino wool yarn from Pancake and Lulu in the colorway, INK.  The shorties are so lovely and squishy and they fit the bubs so perfectly.  I had to crochet extra rows in the gusset since my little guy has some MEGA THIGHS but that's easy enough.  I love it.

No comments: